Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Get it Fixed, Don't Throw It Out....



Have you ever taken a used tea bag and dunked it into a second cup of hot water? I know I have, despite how gross that used bag looks just waiting to be dunked again. I thought of myself when the episode of Sex and The City exposed Charlotte's honey Harry leaving his used tea bags all over the house. Although he was not thinking of re-using them, he was just being a guy and didn't understand from the girl perspective that you just don't do that! None the less there is nothing pretty about an old tea bag........

As the down economy drags on with everything getting so much more expensive, gasoline going over $4.00 per gallon, and most of us making modifications to save some money, I will continue to double dip my tea bags! The idea of making good with what we've got, keeping cars longer then in the past, car pooling, organizing errands to be more productive, and probably bringing the old shoes to the shoe maker for new heels rather then buying new shoes, is most definitely growing in popularity.

I wold love to hear your ideas to squeeze more use out of what we already have. Let's get it fixed.......Don't throw it out!

3 comments:

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

The twice used tea bag can than go in your compost and eventually fertilize your garden. My neighbor with the beautiful garden actually feeds his coffee grinds directly to his garden!

Red said...

I pack my dishwasher to the BRIM. I have gotten a clothesline. We set our thermostat to 77 and run ceiling fans. We turn out lights as much as we possibly can. We have gotten so much better on this one.

We definitely combine errands. We try not to over buy at the grocery store...in other words, if we ain't out...it does not get bought.

No 11:00 news has ever said, "Boy dies form not having bagels for breakfast...News at 11:00!"

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

My boy (John) has died for his bagels. He just didn't make the news. :) :)

Denise