Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fay, Fay......please go away

























We certainly lucked out here in Central Florida. The storm delivered mostly heavy rain and wind, besides several just gloomy, soggy, dreary days. Somehow as usual the storms always find the mobile homes and like clock work it did again, while other parts of Florida are unfortunately dealing with major flooding.

School began here on Monday, August 18 and was cancelled on Tuesday & Wednesday the 19th. & 2oth. Who planned that?

I can remember when I lived back in New York; I had my "Snow Day Project". I actually built a 3 story Victorian doll house to scale back then during those days. I sure wish I had it today....somehow it got left behind in my moves south.

When we went through the really bad hurricane season several years ago, I remember thinking of all the time wasted just waiting for the storms to hit, gazing out the windows and accomplishing really nothing. I had no excuses either because for some reason, my little subdivision was spared of loosing electricity as most of the city did......I almost felt guilty to tell anyone, I still had power. Lots of homes had none for weeks.

So during Fay, I decided to make good use of my time. I got online and completed the mandatory, National Association of Realtors Quadrennial Ethics Requirements. This is required to be completed by December 31, 2008. Sound boring, aha and that it is, I would rate it at minimum a double ugh! But hooray it is now behind me. Actually I will confess, I am only 56% completed but will go back to it immediately after posting this message since I have committed to it here to all of you.

And I will remember Fay......I learned a new word, "quadrennial" which means consisting of lasting 4 years...yes I checked with my old pal Webster. That would be a great "Q" word for Scrabble.

Stay safe and dry.

***********************************************************************************
August 8, 2008 @ 4:15 P.M.


OFFICIAL UPDATE: 133 DAYS, 10 HOURS, 46 MINUTES, 52 SECONDS PRIOR TO DEADLINE 12/31/08............ (This certainly sets a new record for me)

Yahoo, I did it and I don't have to do it again for another "Quadrennial".

Anybody reading this, anywhere USA, who knows anyone who is thinking of buying or selling Real Estate, pass on my name please, I can help. And, I am now certifiable ethical!
P.S. I think if given a choice I may have chosen a root canal!



1 comment:

Trish Chibas said...

Good for you for making the best out of this yucky weather