Friday, September 5, 2008

Wearing white after labor day.....






I am originally from up north, New York State, now my home is in Florida. Growing up I always was told you cannot wear white after Labor day! I even believed it was a law. Well times have changed, fashion allows short skirts, long skirts, slim legged slacks, bell bottom slacks etc. But there still are some people that say no white after Labor Day. I say we can all wear what we darn well please to wear.


It’s 2008, you can wear white after Labor Day!

Does anyone really follow their moms (grandma's) rule about not wearing white after Labor Day? I know I don’t. I dress for the occasion, my mood and the weather, and am all about finding ways to bring my favorite summer whites into the fall.


But it is September, where did this year go? It's that time of year again, when clothes get heavier, hemlines (supposedly) get longer, and all of your white articles of clothing get packed away, never to be seen again until next year. Or is this really the case? There has been a definite increase in the number of people who continue to wear white after Labor Day, causing many to believe that the old fashion rule of not wearing white after September is as tired as a pair of last year's Jeans.

I will give in to the only place that the no wearing white after Labor Day rule should really be applied is in the case of handbags with matching shoes or lightweight white clothing. All of the obviously summer purses are sort of frowned upon after the semi-official end of the summer fashion season, Labor Day.

So, I will bid a fond farewell to my white purse that I have loved all summer! Goodbye to you my white bag, you have served me well and looked cute on my shoulder.













No comments: